Notice of Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of the NT Writers’ Centre will take place via Zoom on Tuesday 10 May 2022 at 5pm.
All NTWC financial members are invited to attend and vote in the Annual General Meeting.
The order of business to be transacted is as follows:
- Firstly, the consideration of the accounts and reports of the Board;
- Secondly, the election of new board members
Reports of NTWC Board
Election of NTWC Board
NTWC is governed by a volunteer Board, elected from and by our membership. As per the NTWC constitution, all board positions will be declared vacant at the Annual General Meeting and members will be elected or re-elected.
- A board member must be an NTWC member who is 18 years or over.
- A board member is someone who has relevant skills to support the organisation.
- A board member must reside in the NT, unless the Board decides by majority vote to accept a nomination from, or to retain as a board member, a person who is not a resident of the Northern Territory.
- A board member must not be a family member of an employee of the organisation.
- Nominations are particularly welcomed from members with specific skills in fundraising, finance, legal matters, HR and organisational governance.
What is involved?
Members of the NTWC Board:
- Attend regular evening Board Meetings (held via Zoom).
- Attend other meetings and planning days as required.
- Contribute time and expertise as applicable.
- Act as ambassadors for the NTWC.
How do I nominate?
To nominate yourself for a position on the NTWC Board, please complete a nomination form either online, or via word doc.
- Nominations must be proposed and seconded by NT Writers’ Centre financial members. Candidates may propose themselves, but must be seconded by another member.
- Nominations must be received no later than COB 29 April 2022.
Click Here to complete an online form
Click Here to download a .doc form.
Members can appoint a proxy to represent them at the AGM if they are unable to attend.
Click Here to download a .doc proxy form.
Completed .doc or PDF nomination forms should be uploaded with your RSVP. Please follow the link below to RSVP by COB 6 May 2022.