We warmly invite you to our Annual General Meeting.
We run the NTWC for the benefit of our members, so we’d love you to come along to the AGM and hear about our successes, achievements and challenges over the last year.
We are also inviting members to join as general members on the Board, and particularly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members to nominate. Two seats on the Board have been allocated for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members.
- If you want to learn about being on a Board, we can provide information and answer any questions you might have.
- Meetings are generally held 6 times a year and are about 1hr long.
- Board members provide strategic advice to the Executive Director, and make decisions for the organisation about its direction.
- Board members are required to be familiar with the information, discussions and decisions that affect the governance of the NTWC and information is sent out to you before each meeting.
- You can attend meetings online or in person.
- Your input helps provide the pathways and opportunities to support our members, at all stages of the writing journey, across all genres.
Our purpose is to bring people together to share story, language and culture and to support and celebrate Northern Territory writers and stories in all its forms. Our programs aim to unearth new talent, provide development and showcase opportunities, and amplify First Nations and diverse NT voices and stories.
This meeting will be held in person in Mparntwe (Alice Springs) and over Zoom.
Let us know if you’ll be joining us!