Online Writing Clinic with Ilka Tampka
Ilka Tampke Tampke’s first novel, Skin, was published in eight countries and was nominated for the Voss Literary Prize and the Aurealis Award in 2016. Her second novel, Songwoman, was published in four countries and won the Most Underrated Book Award 2019. Ilka teaches fiction at RMIT University and is currently completing a PhD at La Trobe University. She lives in the Macedon Ranges of Victoria.
- The course is run completely by email.
- Each month for three months, you will submit up to 1500 words in any genre. This might include: a short story; a section from your novel; or a specific piece of historical or fantasy genre fiction. You may choose to work on different pieces each round, or to develop the one with multiple drafts–it’s up to you.
- The following week you’ll receive feedback from Ilka Tampka and your peers.
- All participants will be given the opportunity to read and comment on writing from others in the group. While this process of giving feedback is optional, it is strongly encouraged. Participation will enrich the process overall and help you to reflect on and improve your own writing.
- Access to a computer and the internet is a requirement of this course.
Enrollment- by 6th July
3rd August – first submission deadline
7th September – second submission deadline
5th October – third and final submission deadline
General – $180
Member – $150