EXTENDED: Online creative clinic with Sandra Thibodeaux
With entries open for the NT Literary Awards (submissions due by April 29), here’s a chance to get expert feedback on a short story, poem or piece of flash fiction.
You will receive direct feedback on your writing via email correspondence from creative writing tutor Dr Sandra Thibodeaux.
- The clinic is run completely by email.
- Participants can submit a short story of up to 3000 words, a poem of up to 100 lines, or a flash fiction of 500 words.
- Within two weeks you’ll receive feedback from Dr Sandra Thibodeaux.
- Basic competency with, and access to internet and a computer is a requirement of this clinic. We will be using .doc, .docx files.
- Participants can make a submission up to midnight Sunday April 14.
- Participants will receive feedback on their work by April 22 at the latest.
- The cost is $80/$50 NTWC members for a short story (up to 3000 words), or a poem or poems (not exceeding 100 lines between them)
- The cost is $40/$20 NTWC members for up to two pieces of flash fiction (500 words per piece).
Dr Sandra Thibodeaux is a playwright and poet who has published four collections of poetry, with the latest being Dirty H2O (Mulla Mulla Press). Sandra has written over a dozen plays that have been staged as part of festivals across Indonesia and Australia, and broadcast on Radio National. Her latest plays include The Age of Bones, A Smoke Social, Mr Takahashi (and other falling secrets) and The Lion Tamer. Sandra has twice won the NT Literary Awards for her plays, and has been short-listed for both the Patrick White and Griffin playwriting awards. The Age of Bones was nominated for a prestigious Green Room Award (Melbourne) for Best Ensemble and is currently being adapted for the screen.
Dr Thibodeaux has conducted creative writing workshops and courses across Australia for around 15 years. She was previously Lecturer in Literary Studies and Creative Writing at Charles Darwin University.