Expression of Interest | NTWF 2020
Expressions of Interest are currently open for NT writers to be programmed in the NT Writers Festival — Darwin 14-17 May, 2020.
For the purpose of this EOI, an NT Writer is someone who is based-in or has significant connection to the NT particularly within their writing.
Bringing people together to share story, language and culture, NT Writers Festival is a four-day festival shaped by place, that speaks to and from the heart of Australia and the Northern Territory. Each year the program features local writers alongside established writers from afar.
If you are an NT writer producing fresh, new work, or with a significant body of published/produced work, who would like to participate in the festival as a performer, teaching writer, facilitator or panelist, we would like to hear from you! If you have another creative idea, please submit us a pitch.
Please note writers do not have to submit an EOI to be considered for inclusion in the festival program, however, this is a great opportunity to draw our attention to your practice and most recent work.
Writers will be considered according to the following criteria:
- Writer has a significant body of published/produced work
- Or; is producing fresh, new writing
- Artistic merit of any support material provided and/or strength of pitch
In the body of your email, please include:
- WRITER BIO (100 words MAX)
- YOUR WRITING: Tell us a bit more about your creative practice. What themes and topic areas does your work explore? Do you have any recent or forthcoming publications or projects we should know about? (100 words MAX)
- SUPPORT MATERIAL: If possible, please provide links to any online content including publications, blogs, reviews of your writing, video or audio links. Please do not attach other writing samples.
- If you have interest and experience in any of the following, please specify:
- Teaching writing to young people or presenting in schools
- Facilitating panel discussions
- If you have another creative idea, please submit us a pitch! (100 words MAX)
- If you are based outside of Darwin and require a travel bursary please specify**
EOI closes midnight 17 November 2019.
Please email your EOI with the subject line ‘EOI: NT Writers Festival’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you ASAP after this date to advise you of the outcome of your EOI.
** Please note we are a small festival with limited funds. Writers taking part in the festival as a result of this EOI will be paid appearance fees. Please indicate if you are based outside of Darwin and require a travel bursary, or are able to cover or contribute to any travel or accommodation costs.