Writing Romance – Online Clinic with Mel A Rowe
Australian bestselling author, Mel A Rowe, winner of the NT Author Mentorship with Hachette Australia; short-listed for Best New Author by AusRom Today Readers’ Choice Awards; manuscript critiquer and competition judge for Romance Writers Australia. Mel also pens poetry and prose found in various international literary publications, representing Australia in her contributions to Poets of the World global community in Poetica I. Mel manages an award-winning flash fiction site, R&R Ramblings, and a procrastinator’s blog on her author site, melarowe.com. In this online clinic Mel will provide feedback to participants on three, (up to) 1500 word submissions of prose in the genres of Romance or Women’s Fiction.
- The course is run completely by email.
- Each month for three months, participants will submit up to 1500 words of writing in the Romance/Women’s Fiction genres. This might include: a short story; a section from a novel/memoir; or similar. You may choose to work on different pieces or chapters each round, or to develop one with multiple drafts–it’s up to you.
- Within two weeks you’ll receive feedback from Mel and your peers.
- All participants will be given the opportunity to read and comment on writing from others in the group. While this process of giving feedback is optional, it is strongly encouraged. Participation will enrich the process overall and help you to reflect on and improve your own writing.
- Access to the internet and a working computer is a requirement of this course. We will be using Google Drive as a hub, but communication by email only is also accepted.
$180/$150 NTWC members