2019 Festival | Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest are currently open for writers to be programmed in the NT Writers’ Festival — Alice Springs 16-19 May, 2019.
NT Writers’ Festival — Alice Springs is a four-day festival of writing, culture and ideas at the heart of the country.
In 2019 writers and storytellers come together under the theme: lyapirtneme | returning
The Arrernte translates as something coming back or appearing again, after an absence. For example, new shoots returning after fire. This can only happen when the roots are still alive, when seeds lie dormant. The English invites us to think about going back to places, to the past, or something coming back to us. Each speaks of cycles and patterns; both reckon with loss.
If you would like to participate in the festival by way of reading, performing, running workshops, speaking on panels or have another creative idea, please submit us your pitch!
Writers will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Writer has a significant body of published/produced work
- Work is current and resonates with 2019 theme: lyapirtneme | returning
- Artistic merit of any support material provided
- Strength of idea/pitch
Please note that we are a small festival with limited funds. Writers taking part in the festival as a result of this EOI will be paid appearance fees. Please indicate if you are able to cover or contribute to any travel or accommodation costs, or if you are in need of a travel bursary.
In the body of your email, please include:
- BIO: Short writer’s bio (200 wds MAX)
- PITCH: Tell us what you’d like to do, how and why your idea/work fits with the festival theme: lyapirtneme | returning(1-2 paragraphs only)
- SUPPORT MATERIAL. Please provide links to any online examples of your work including publications, reviews etc. Please do not attach samples of your work.
- Information regarding any previous experience teaching workshops to adults or children.
- Ability to contribute to travel costs (see above)
EOI close 13 November 2018.
Please email your pitch with the subject line ‘EOI: NT Writers Festival’ to: email@example.com
We will contact you ASAP after this date to advise you of the outcome of your EOI.
Book of the month
Living in HopeBuy Now