Regional writers: chance to meet a publisher!
As part of Write Off! the Katherine Writers’ Festival being run by the Katherine Region of Writers, in partnership with Katherine Regional Arts and with sponsorship from the NTWC, ten writers from Katherine Region and other regional areas will be invited to send 15 pages of their manuscript to be assessed by Publisher Sophie Hamley from Hachette Australia. The selected writers will get a one-on-one 15-minute interview with Sophie Hamley at the Festival in Katherine on 1-2 June 2019.
This is not open to writers from urban Darwin or Alice Springs in the first instance, however if the full 10 places are not filled, KROW is kindly opening these places to urban-dwelling NTWC members – but the selected writers will need to be in Katherine for their consultation. This opportunity was organised by KROW, and NTWC is assisting with the administration.
To be considered, you need to fill in a form with the following information:
- Your name and address/email and phone contact
- Book Title
- A paragraph about yourself and the stage of writing you are at/your experience and if you have published before – including local anthologies etc.
- A short synopsis of your story and the genre – ie memoir/fantasy/crime etc
- A sentence of where your manuscript is up to and the word count. You must have a minimum of 10,000 words and proof by way of a simple plot plan that shows you have a plan to finish the novel.
- You will be required to send 15 pages from your manuscript – does not have to be the beginning – send your best writing.
Please submit your entry in WORD doc, 12point Times New Roman with your name / book title and page numbers in the bottom footer.
Deadline for submissions Monday 15 April 2019 – No late entries will be accepted.
Kickstart your Memoir with Toni Tapp Coutts
Kickstart your memoir with Toni Tapp Coutts
How to get started, or get back to the memoir you started years ago. This is a fun, interactive workshop that will help you get words on the page.
Toni Tapp Coutts is a Katherine-based writer who has written two best-selling memoirs: A Sunburnt Childhood and My Outback Life. The first has also been adapted for young readers My Outback Childhood.
When: Saturday, December 8, 12.30-2.30pm
Where: GYRACC (Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts & Culture Centre)
Cost: $25/ $15 for NTWC members
Special thanks to Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts & Culture Centre for providing the venue.
Book of the month
Living in HopeBuy Now