Darwin Poetry Slam
Could you be Australia’s next poetry slam champion?
Twenty spots, two minutes each. All poets invited to show us what you’ve got for the chance to represent the NT in the National Australian Poetry Slam at the Sydney Opera House. Registration on arrival, get in early.
Or, come show your support in the audience and help find the next Darwin poetry champion!
Sat 3 July, 6-8pm | Happy Yess | $10 or free for performersBOOK NOW
- 2 mins max so no preamble – just poems!
- 20 entrants max in heats, sign-ups close 15 minutes before event goes live so get in early.
- Second round for the top 5 scorers.
- Must be two unique poems and original works of course – nothing you’ve performed at slam before
- No props, just you!
- For more info on rules etc: http://www.australianpoetryslam.com/
- Hand sanitiser will be onsite and we will clean mic in between poets.
- 1.5 metres between people
- Don’t come if you are sick
Laurie May is a poet and spoken word performer and the Artistic Director for the Red Dirt Poetry Festival. She is a former winner of and NT representative for Australian Poetry Slam, Australia’s largest annual slam competition.
Image: Melanie Mununggurr, 2018 Australian Poetry Slam Champion