Writers Hot Desk
Need a quiet place to write? Writers in Alice Springs are invited to apply for our writers hot desk.
One writer will be given access to a writing workstation in the NT Writers’ Centre office, 67 Bath St for the period of four months between 1 April 2018 and 1 August 2018.
- Quiet working space in the NT Writers’ Centre office, including desk, computer, external mouse and keyboard for the hot desk period
- Optional support from the NT Writers’ Centre to organise a Writer Talk and reading at the conclusion of the hot desk period.
- Building access is 24/7 however, working times are generally restricted to hours outside of Writers’ Centre operation times (Monday to Wednesday, 9-5pm).
- Writer developing new work or working on an existing project
- Able to make use of hot desk during specified period
- Preference will be given to NT Writers’ Centre members
Expressions of interest are now open, closing March 25. To apply, please use below form. Submissions will be will assessed on the strength of application and a phone interview.
Calling Festival Volunteers
Call for Nominations: NT Writers’ Centre Board of Management
- Want to give back to your community?
- Help support the arts and writing?
- Are you skilled in legal, accounting, management, human resources, strategic planning, writing, publishing or arts administration?
Join our board and become a director of the NT Writers’ Centre.
If you’re from Alice Springs, Katherine, Darwin, Tennant Creek, Wadeye, or anywhere else in the NT, we want your ideas and enthusiasm. You don’t need previous board experience and you don’t even need to be a writer.
Being a member of our board can:
- Help shape the direction of the NT Writers’ Centre
- Empower your community to tell its story
- Make you an ambassador for literature
- Advance your career prospects
- Give you free management training and experience
We’ve supported writers and their writing since 1993 by giving a voice to the North and the Centre through writers’ festivals in Alice Springs and Darwin. We help writers share and discuss their work and improve their skills. We support poetry, plays, journalism, fiction, nonfiction, screenwriting, publishing and far more for everyone from children to adults.
Want to get involved?
Request a nomination form from firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our Darwin office on 08 8942 1100
Please note, nominees must be current NT Writers’ Centre members. To check your membership, join, or renew online, click here. Board nominations need to be received by close of business, Monday, 16 May.
NT Literary Awards
Administered by the Department of Arts and Museums, the Northern Territory Literary Awards celebrate the achievements of a wide range of emerging Northern Territory writers. (more…)
2016 Territory Read Awards
Submissions now closed. Thanks and good luck to all our entrants.
The Award Ceremony will be held at the State Library in Darwin, July 27.
The NT Writers’ Centre is once again proud to present Territory Read – the search for the NT Book of the Year.
Book of the month
writing and drawings from the Centre
for the dry countryBuy Now